Stephen Morrissey was born in Montreal, of several generations of Irish descent. He has edited two literary magazines, what is, a journal of experimental poetry, and The Montreal Journal of Poetics. He is currently completing a collection of new poems, entitled Girouard Avenue. He is founding editor of Coracle Press and publishes on-line poetry chapbooks. Morrissey has an M.A. in English Literature from McGill University, Montreal, Canada. Stephen Morrissey’s literary papers are in the Rare Books and Special Collections, McLennan Library, at McGill University. He teaches English and Humanities at Champlain College, Montreal.
- The Trees of Unknowing - Vehicule Press, 1978
- Divisions - The Coach House Press, 1983
- Family Album - The Caitlin Press, 1989
- The Compass (Book One of The Shadow Trilogy) - Empyreal Press, 1993
- The Yoni Rocks (Book Two of The Shadow Trilogy) - Empyreal Press, 1995
- The Mystic Beast (Book Three of The Shadow Trilogy) - Empyreal Press, 1997
- Mapping The Soul - The Muses' Company, 1998